Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Contents

Poverty Builds
Early Endgame Builds
Late Endgame Builds
Elemental Builds
Safi’Jiiva CB Builds

Last Update

12/15/2019
Added Safi’Jiiva Impact Phial CB builds (new section)
Elemental builds coming soon

Full Update History

Charge Blades worth crafting

Saber’s Maw II
For story progression. Later, you can make it into Glavenus CB.

Chrome Fortress III
Great all-purpose CB until it is replaced by Gold Rathian CB. Can use Elementless.

The Melting Grasp
For high phial damage builds. Can get purple sharpness but CB cannot hold it even with Master’s Touch because of sharpness loss from blocking. Can use Elementless.

Luna Eostra
This is currently the best impact charge blade. High raw, positive affinity, great sharpness, great slots. Not elementless but has very high poison. Must be MR70+ to obtain.

Ruinous Devastation
Strong with great sharpness but poor slots compared to Luna Eostra. Must be MR100+ to obtain.

Stygian Maledicta
Strong but falls a little short of Luna Eostra, even before poison is taken into account. Looks great though.

Rajang Beastblade Ikazuchi
For high phial damage SAED focused builds. Must complete story to obtain.

Thanatos Force
For high phial damage SAED focused builds. Can use Elementless. Actually exceeds attack of Rajang CB with 4 Attack Augments and all attack custom augments. What happened to you, Tyrannis..

Despot’s Thundergale
Best Thunder elemental CB

Kadachi Soul II
Highest Thunder Element CB (with custom augments)

Deep Schnegel II
Best Ice elemental CB

Glavenus Bardred
Highest Fire Element CB

Hellsire Blade
Notes:
Lower Fire Element but higher affinity and raw than Glavenus

Deep Terroir II
Best Water elemental CB

Deathaxe Vaal Aspida
Best Dragon elemental CB

Poverty Builds

No decorations? Get ready to use these for a while!

Mid-story Builds

Post-story Builds

Early Endgame Builds

Early Endgame: from completion of story to MR70.

Budget Builds

These builds have no Rare 7, 8, 11, or 12 decorations.

Late Endgame Builds

Late Endgame: MR70 and above.

#Guard 1 Master’s Touch

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.

#Guard 1 Master’s Touch (Kaiser Gamma)

Required Event Equipment: Kaiser Gamma
Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Loses about 80 defense and 1 Attack to gain 1 Agitator. For tryhard speedruns.

#Guard 3 Master’s Touch, Flexible Charm

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.
If running Affinity augment, swap 2 or 3 of the Guardian/Expert for Guardian/Attack.

#Guard 5 Master’s Touch

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible decorations: Challenger+

#Focusless

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
What a build! Used by Vanov in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCV5wmddR4

#Artillery 5, Flexible Charm

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.

I include this grudgingly as many people ask about it. My opinion is that Artillery Secret is not worth the sacrifice of Master’s Touch and several skill points compared to the above builds.

#Guard 5 Artillery 5

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1

Elemental Builds

Optimal builds are still up in the air. Stay tuned!

#Cookie Cutter (2 Namielle)

Can be used with any elemental CB.
Gloves are interchangeable with Shara B+. Also consider Guild Palace B+.

#Cookie Cutter (4 Namielle)

Can be used with any elemental CB. Only recommended for high base element weapons such as Beotodus and Vaal Hazak, post augment and custom upgrade.

#Cookie Cutter (Master’s Touch)

Can be used with any elemental CB.

#Cookie Cutter (True Critical Element)

Can be used with any elemental CB.

Safi’Jiiva CB Builds

Safi FAQ

Which Safi CBs should I get?

At a minimum, everything except poison, sleep, and ice CBs.

Which awakenings should I get?

For impact CBs:
Teostra Technique, Attack VI, Attack V, Attack V, Attack V (highly recommended)
Attack VI, Attack V, Attack V, Attack V, Attack V (optional)

For elemental CBs:
Teostra Technique, Element VI, Element V, Element V, Element V (highly recommended)
Element VI, Element V, Element V, Element V, Element V (optional)

Yes, this means getting two of each CB if you want to be able to use every build.

#Master’s Touch

Above: Guard 5, Guard 1 (Teostra awakening), Guard 1 (no Teostra awakening)
The Guard 1 version with all attack awakenings is actually better (by a tiny amount) than the Guard 1 version with Teostra awakening but if you don’t want to make two CBs you can just use the one with Teostra awakening for Guard 5 and 1.

#Safi + Teo Hybrid

Above: Guard 5, Guard 1
These builds are stronger than the above but at the cost of the Safi’jiiva health drain effect.

#Zorah + Teo Hybrid

This build is extremely inflexible and cannot use more than Guard 1. But it’s here for phial damage. If you want 100% affinity you can swap one Attack V for Affinity V.

#Safi 5

This build is just here for completeness. It has the most attack out of these builds but with no Master’s Touch it falls behind when it hits blue, which happens quickly.

#Anti-Safi

I use this vs Safi’jiiva. Mind’s Eye can be a good substitution as the bouncing on legs is extremely annoying.

317 thoughts on “Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

1. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the tips. Good work!! Sadlly after 600 hours playing no magazine, ironwall jewel either not mention artillery. So bad! 😦
    I wonder if they are urban leyends….

• Anonymous says:

I solved snipping decorations. Magazine came after a couple of days, however after 300 hours of “fair play”, in which I dropped/melded only garbage stuff…

2. Sol says:

Dante build for PC is not optimised. There is extra level of weakness exploit. You can drop 2 level of crit eye, 1 level of weakness exploit and gain 1 level of maximum might. Dragon King a, Damascus B, Diablos Nero B, Nergigante B, Nergigante B, Mighty Charm.
    Decos, Att x 2, Arty x 3, Tender x 1, Ironwall x 1, Critical x 2, Magazine x 1

3. Anonymous says:

Give me your thoughts on ff1 for CB in multiplayer. Seems to me the only attack with superarmour in sword mode is charged double slash and I often get flinched by teammates while doing other attacks.

• stripedypaper says:

as far as I know, in sword mode charge blade has super armor on double slash, load phials, and condensed elemental slash. I personally don’t use flinch free, and when I go for SAED from shield thrust I try to start it from further away so it doesn’t get interrupted. Or instead you can do morph to axe and then SAED to be flinch resistant.

4. truong says:

i think phys diablo CB on console have something wrong i cant fit crit eye 7 without pull out guard 1 can you check it again and no need arilery ?

5. vunkx says:

There’s some random guy saying that Diablos Nero Gauntlets and Nergigante Coil for the poverty build is better than Kaiser and Damascus, because he thinks AB3 is better overall in damage than WE3. (WE2 AB3 vs WE3 AB1)

Can you help me?

• Jacobo says:

Sorry for my English, non native speaker still learning.

Hey man, I really apreciate your work, you have teached me a lot about charge blade optimization. I’ve starded to farm behemoth to get the only decoration my build is missing (capacity boost) and I would like to know if you are planning to make an anti extremoth build. I would love to know your opinion about evade extender, health boost and tool specialist when facing extremoth. When the event comes, hopefully I’ll have my magazine jewel.

Thanks again for all the builds man, you are doing everyones life easier.

• stripedypaper says:

I personally did not use CB for hunting extremoth so I’m not sure how much advice I can offer (I used hbg tank build with glutton hbg as the aggro taker). I think you definitely should use health boost 3, guard up, and guard 3 or even 5. I would even consider divine blessing or defense augment on weapon.

FYI I don’t think behemoth is great for farming decorations. your best bet is probably tier 2 tempered monsters with 3/4/5 rewards or the arch tempered jagras event plus melding.

• Jacobo says:

Thanks for the fast reply man, Sorry I noticed one month later but I don’t understand much about how this sites comment section work.

Its been a month or so since I asked you my question and I have done a lot of testing with Behemoth. Thanks to rngesus I now have 3 magazine jewels so now I can test all of your builds and they are awesome. I have them all saved in my loadouts and they are really usefull.

You are right, Behemoth is a bad monster to farm, but thanks to him I got the 3 magazine jewels and all the decos on the game and the fight is fun so I don’t regret choosing to farm him instead of T2 tempered monsters. I even managed to solo Extreme Behemoth.

Anyways, there are still some matchups that I had to make different builds because of the Monster shenanigans, like Lunastra and kushala i always need windproof 5 or Kush armour to not cart against the nova or not be blown away by Kushalas wind aura, or Xenojiva where i need heatguard to not melt in the lava poodles, or Vaal hazak where effluvia resistance 3 is mandatory. I would love to see the sets you use for these troublesome monsters.

As usual, thanks for your efforts. You are doing gods work.

6. Tomi says:

Why not Charge Prolonger? I feel that skill very usefull and give a most comfortable gameplay, have the shield charged for 4:00 mins instead of 3:00 (Consideryng capacity up) feels great, same with the sword

• velohack says:

I agree. While Power Prolonger may be a net DPS loss considering the alternatives, I think it’s a worthwhile cost for the “convenience/comfort” factor. Less time micro-managing timers and more time with your attention on the fight. Still, I wouldn’t grab it unless I had it in decorations and I had plenty of slots to spare.

7. Anonymous says:

Are there any plans to update the guide with the new CB’s from AT Kulve? Ice is obviously good, but are any of the others worth grinding for?

• stripedypaper says:

I’ll have new builds before the end of the year. Ice is the best of them for sure, and the rest of the elemental ones I think are all still worth getting as they are better than any elemental CB’s before them. The blast one is really bad, and the para one is probably also bad but better than blast

• Anonymous says:

Thank you for the great work, looking forward to the update! It would be very helpful if you could also provide an expert opinion on which monsters would be optimal to hunt with which CB. For example, my short research shows Ice CB may be optimal for Kirin over the Fire one, due to significant jump in elemental power, compred to hitzone elemental values on Kirin’s head. In any case, your work is greatly appreciated!