Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Looking for Pre-Iceborne High Rank builds, including deco-less builds to tackle Master Rank story? Click here or use the menu above.
Also, it goes without saying that this page will not avoid spoilers for monsters or any content.

Contents

– Guard 1 Master’s Touch
– Guard 5 Master’s Touch
Removed sets:
– Guard 5 Master’s Touch Crit eye 7

Full Update History

Charge Blades worth crafting

Saber’s Maw II (Great Jagras tree)
Notes:
For progression, can be crafted at the start of MR3. Later, you can make it into Glavenus CB.

Chrome Fortress III (Metal tree)
Notes:
Great all-purpose CB until it is replaced by Gold Rathian CB. Consider running Razor Sharp Charm.

The Melting Grasp (Acidic Glavenus tree)
Notes:
High raw and neutral affinity, outclasses Diablos and Zorah. Bad sharpness. Consider running Handicraft 5 and Protective Polish.

Inescapable Karma (Shara Ishvalda tree)
Notes:
Raw between Metal and Acid Glavenus, OK sharpness. Consider running Handicraft and/or Razor sharp Charm.

Luna Eostra (Gold Rathian tree)
Notes:
This is probably the best impact charge blade. Tied for highest raw, positive affinity, great sharpness, great slots. Not elementless but has very high poison.

Ruinous Devastation (Ruiner Nergigante tree)
Notes:
Likely worse than Gold Rathian CB but outclasses other impact charge blades. The low dragon element is basically useless and the extra sharpness is paid for by the lack of level 2 slots compared to Gold Rathian CB.

Despot’s Thundergale (Zinogre tree)

Kadachi Soul II (Zinogre tree)
Notes: Ends up with higher thunder than Zinogre due to custom upgrades and lower rarity. For the inevitable MR Kulve encounter.

Deep Schnegel II (Beotodus tree)
Best Ice elemental CB

Glavenus Bardred (Glavenus tree)

Hellsire Blade (Silver Rathalos tree)
Notes: unsure if worth over Glavenus. Higher raw and affinity but 60 lower fire, 90 if Glavenus is augmented 3 times for element.

Deep Terroir II (Jyuratodus tree)
Best Water elemental CB

Deathaxe Vaal Aspida (Vaal Hazak tree)
Best Dragon elemental CB

Poverty Builds

No decorations? Get ready to use these for a while!

#Razor Sharp

#Handicraft

Early Endgame Builds

Early Endgame: from completion of story to MR70.

#Critical

#Zoga

#Zoda

Late Endgame Builds

Late Endgame: MR70 and above.

#Guard 1 Master’s Touch

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.

#Guard 1 Master’s Touch (Kaiser Gamma)

Required Event Equipment: Kaiser Gamma
Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Loses about 80 defense and 1 Attack to gain 1 Agitator. For tryhard speedruns.

#Guard 3 Master’s Touch, Flexible Charm

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.
If running Affinity augment, swap 2 or 3 of the Guardian/Expert for Guardian/Attack.

#Guard 5 Master’s Touch

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible decorations: Challenger+

#Focusless

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
What a build! Used by Vanov in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCV5wmddR4

#Artillery 5, Flexible Charm

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1
Flexible charm: Attack, Agitator, Slugger, Health Boost, Miasma etc.

I include this grudgingly as many people ask about it. My opinion is that Artillery Secret is not worth the sacrifice of Master’s Touch and several skill points compared to the above builds.

#Guard 5 Artillery 5

Recommended Augments: Health 1, Affinity 1

Elemental Builds

Optimal builds are still up in the air. Stay tuned!

#Cookie Cutter (2 Namielle)

Can be used with any elemental CB.
Gloves are interchangeable with Shara B+. Also consider Guild Palace B+.

#Cookie Cutter (4 Namielle)

Can be used with any elemental CB. Only recommended for high base element weapons such as Beotodus and Vaal Hazak, post augment and custom upgrade.

#Cookie Cutter (Master’s Touch)

Can be used with any elemental CB.

#Cookie Cutter (True Critical Element)

Can be used with any elemental CB.

299 thoughts on “Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

1. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the tips. Good work!! Sadlly after 600 hours playing no magazine, ironwall jewel either not mention artillery. So bad! 😦
    I wonder if they are urban leyends….

• Anonymous says:

I solved snipping decorations. Magazine came after a couple of days, however after 300 hours of “fair play”, in which I dropped/melded only garbage stuff…

2. Sol says:

Dante build for PC is not optimised. There is extra level of weakness exploit. You can drop 2 level of crit eye, 1 level of weakness exploit and gain 1 level of maximum might. Dragon King a, Damascus B, Diablos Nero B, Nergigante B, Nergigante B, Mighty Charm.
    Decos, Att x 2, Arty x 3, Tender x 1, Ironwall x 1, Critical x 2, Magazine x 1

3. Anonymous says:

Give me your thoughts on ff1 for CB in multiplayer. Seems to me the only attack with superarmour in sword mode is charged double slash and I often get flinched by teammates while doing other attacks.

• stripedypaper says:

as far as I know, in sword mode charge blade has super armor on double slash, load phials, and condensed elemental slash. I personally don’t use flinch free, and when I go for SAED from shield thrust I try to start it from further away so it doesn’t get interrupted. Or instead you can do morph to axe and then SAED to be flinch resistant.

4. truong says:

i think phys diablo CB on console have something wrong i cant fit crit eye 7 without pull out guard 1 can you check it again and no need arilery ?

5. vunkx says:

There’s some random guy saying that Diablos Nero Gauntlets and Nergigante Coil for the poverty build is better than Kaiser and Damascus, because he thinks AB3 is better overall in damage than WE3. (WE2 AB3 vs WE3 AB1)

Can you help me?

• Jacobo says:

Sorry for my English, non native speaker still learning.

Hey man, I really apreciate your work, you have teached me a lot about charge blade optimization. I’ve starded to farm behemoth to get the only decoration my build is missing (capacity boost) and I would like to know if you are planning to make an anti extremoth build. I would love to know your opinion about evade extender, health boost and tool specialist when facing extremoth. When the event comes, hopefully I’ll have my magazine jewel.

Thanks again for all the builds man, you are doing everyones life easier.

• stripedypaper says:

I personally did not use CB for hunting extremoth so I’m not sure how much advice I can offer (I used hbg tank build with glutton hbg as the aggro taker). I think you definitely should use health boost 3, guard up, and guard 3 or even 5. I would even consider divine blessing or defense augment on weapon.

FYI I don’t think behemoth is great for farming decorations. your best bet is probably tier 2 tempered monsters with 3/4/5 rewards or the arch tempered jagras event plus melding.

• Jacobo says:

Thanks for the fast reply man, Sorry I noticed one month later but I don’t understand much about how this sites comment section work.

Its been a month or so since I asked you my question and I have done a lot of testing with Behemoth. Thanks to rngesus I now have 3 magazine jewels so now I can test all of your builds and they are awesome. I have them all saved in my loadouts and they are really usefull.

You are right, Behemoth is a bad monster to farm, but thanks to him I got the 3 magazine jewels and all the decos on the game and the fight is fun so I don’t regret choosing to farm him instead of T2 tempered monsters. I even managed to solo Extreme Behemoth.

Anyways, there are still some matchups that I had to make different builds because of the Monster shenanigans, like Lunastra and kushala i always need windproof 5 or Kush armour to not cart against the nova or not be blown away by Kushalas wind aura, or Xenojiva where i need heatguard to not melt in the lava poodles, or Vaal hazak where effluvia resistance 3 is mandatory. I would love to see the sets you use for these troublesome monsters.

As usual, thanks for your efforts. You are doing gods work.

6. Tomi says:

Why not Charge Prolonger? I feel that skill very usefull and give a most comfortable gameplay, have the shield charged for 4:00 mins instead of 3:00 (Consideryng capacity up) feels great, same with the sword

• velohack says:

I agree. While Power Prolonger may be a net DPS loss considering the alternatives, I think it’s a worthwhile cost for the “convenience/comfort” factor. Less time micro-managing timers and more time with your attention on the fight. Still, I wouldn’t grab it unless I had it in decorations and I had plenty of slots to spare.

7. Anonymous says:

Are there any plans to update the guide with the new CB’s from AT Kulve? Ice is obviously good, but are any of the others worth grinding for?

• stripedypaper says:

I’ll have new builds before the end of the year. Ice is the best of them for sure, and the rest of the elemental ones I think are all still worth getting as they are better than any elemental CB’s before them. The blast one is really bad, and the para one is probably also bad but better than blast

• Anonymous says:

Thank you for the great work, looking forward to the update! It would be very helpful if you could also provide an expert opinion on which monsters would be optimal to hunt with which CB. For example, my short research shows Ice CB may be optimal for Kirin over the Fire one, due to significant jump in elemental power, compred to hitzone elemental values on Kirin’s head. In any case, your work is greatly appreciated!