Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

Contents

Poverty Builds
Late Endgame Builds
Elemental Builds
Safi’Jiiva Impact Builds
Safi’Jiiva Elemental Builds

Last Update

3/23/2020
Added builds using Lightbreak Charge Blade and Raging Brachydios armor, including progression builds
Removed Gold Rathian, Melting Grasp, Dante, and Guild Palace CBs from recommended list
Removed Health augment from builds that used Safi set and Resentment
Demonlord Blade is still under inspection as a build option

Charge Blades worth crafting

Saber’s Maw II
(Progression only) Later, you can make it into Glavenus CB.

Chrome Fortress III
(Progression only) Great all-purpose CB until it is replaced by Lightbreak CB. Can use Elementless.

Dear Rosetta
(Progression only) Very similar to Chrome Fortress III, trading 10 raw and elementless for better slots, 10% affinity, and high poison.

Lightbreak Charge Blade
An incredibly strong new option which has replaced Luna Eostre and is available right after story (MR24). It actually comes extremely close to Safi’Jiiva Impact charge blades.

Despot’s Thundergale
Best Thunder elemental CB (pre-Safi)

Deep Schnegel II
Best Ice elemental CB (even after Safi)

Glavenus Bardred
Highest Fire Element CB (pre-Safi)

Hellsire Blade
Notes:
Lower Fire Element but higher affinity and raw than Glavenus

Deep Terroir II
Best Water elemental CB.. but pretty bad still (pre-Safi)

Deathaxe Vaal Aspida
Best Dragon elemental CB (pre-Safi)

Progression Builds

Mid-story Builds

MR 1 star, no decos

MR 3 star, no decos

MR 5 star, no decos

Post-story Builds

No decos
Unfortunately, you will need to farm a lot of Raging Brachydios right after story for its armor and weapon. Each armor piece also requires a mantle-quality item to create. When you get a Magazine jewel (R7), replace the helm with Raging Brachydios a+. When you get an Ironwall jewel (R7 or combination) and Charger jewel (R8 or combination), replace the waist with Raging Brachydios a+.

Only R8 decos and under
Helm can be either B+ or a+, B+ will be used more later.

Only R10 decos and under

Impact Builds

#Master’s Touch

This build does not easily fit Guard 5. If you want Guard 5 it is recommended to use the Gamma helm build or Artillery Secret build.

Artillery 0

#Master’s Touch (Gamma)

Requires HR Kaiser Gamma helm from Arch-tempered Teostra. Sacrifices some defense for superior slots.

Guard 5
Artillery 0

#Artillery Secret

Artillery 5 has been reborn and it is REALLY strong (compared to Zorah sets).

Guard 5

#Focusless

For Savage Axe fanatics only, dropping Focus and Artillery for pure physical damage.

Gamma helm

#Anti-Safi

No sharpness mitigation but Safi offers you plenty of opportunities to sharpen in battle. You can switch Mind’s Eye to Protective Polish if you find sharpness a big issue.

Less Offensive Guard, more Affinity

Elemental Builds

#Cookie Cutter (Master’s Touch)

Can be used with any elemental CB.

#Cookie Cutter (4 Namielle)

Only recommended for high element (base 390+). Only recommended for SAED focused playstyle. This set is replaced by Safi set.

#Cookie Cutter (True Critical Element)

Can be used with any elemental CB. Recommended for Savage Axe focused playstyle.

#Anti-Rajang

Balanced build with health boost 3.
Optional substitutions: -Critical +Minds Eye, -Vitality +Geology

Poverty
Gamma helm
Post-Safi

Safi’Jiiva Impact Builds

Safi FAQ

Which Safi CBs should I get?

For impact CBs, I recommend blast as the best general purpose CB. Sleep is also good for multiplayer or farming shinies in Guiding Lands. Poison feels worse than blast and paralysis takes a very long time to proc without investment into status. For elemental CBs, all but ice are best in slot for their element. Ice is beaten by Beotodus CB.

#Master’s Touch

#Master’s Touch (Gamma helm)

Guard 5

#Artillery Secret

While this looks almost identical to Lightbreak Charge Blade’s Artillery Secret build, the higher base attack from Safi with all attack awakenings provides a significant difference in phial damage.

Protective Polish + Item Prolonger
Guard 5

#Focusless

Safi 3 + Master’s Touch + Resentment
Safi 3 + Razor Sharp + Resentment (Highest EFR)

Safi’Jiiva Elemental Builds

#Safi 5

Guard 5
Guard 5 (Beotodus)
Anti-Rajang (Beotodus)
Focusless
Focusless (Beotodus)

#Safi + Teo Hybrid

Sacrifices some element for the mostly infinite sharpness of Master’s Touch. Requires Teo essence so Beotodus CB cannot use this set.

Guard 5
Focus 0

#True Critical Element

Higher physical hits (including Savage Axe ticks) than Safi 5 (Focus 0), but lower phial damage.

#Safi + Velkhana Hybrid

Somewhere between Safi 5 and True Critical Element. A hidden contender?

No Protective Polish
No Protective Polish (Beotodus)

395 thoughts on “Iceborne Charge Blade Builds (Console)

1. Anonymous says:

I like to walk the fine line between not dying and killing the monster quickly, and I reconcile the two with a Healthsteal build. I like builds like this because the more damage you do to the monster the more health you get back and so you can continue to kill the monster(plus, it avoids having to run away from the the fight to heal). I give the skill the armor provide and the slots(ex: Armor X, 2x Focus, 2, 2, 2 means it provides Focus 2 and can hold three 2-slot decorations). So:

Weapon: Luna Eostre, 2, 2. Augment Healthsteal and who knows what else.
    Helmet: Zorah Headgear A+: 2x Artillery, 2, 2

Weakness Exploit III
    Health Boost III
    Guard I
    Protective Polish
    Capacity Boost
    Set bonuses: Super Recovery, Artillery Secret

As always, feedback is appreciated.

• Anonymous says:

How is this working out for you? I like this build because it seems I’m constantly healing instead of attacking. This sounds like an ideal build for me.

• Anonymous says:

Hi, this is interesting but it seems u are showing 1 extra jewel, the set has only 2 lvl 3 slots but u consider putting 3 lvl 3 slots
        How u got all the skills? I would need to take off one of the lvl 3 slot skills.
        The rest seems really interesting
        I really appreciate a survival set

• Bardawulf says:

This is almost identical to a build I made 2 nights ago.

I don’t have the health regen on the weapon yet but it’ll be going on as soon as I can do it,

But for those who are wondering this build works out VERY well.

• Anonymous says:

I finally tried this build last night and have to say it is awesome. Not only did I not die during the Gold Rathian fight, but I only healed twice. I kept dying before to tempered monsters and spent most of my time healing than fighting. I still need certain jewels and augment my Luna Eostre with health regen, but it’s been awesome so far.

2. Moonmadness says:

Hey Tom, have you checked the sets post-Rajang patch? Pretty sure you can improve Goldian sets due to having access to affinity as a 2nd augment.

3. Anonymous says:

With True Critical Element is it better to go Savage Axe playstyle or normal phial damage style?

I assume True Critical Element is better for Glavenus Bardred Elemental CB.

• stripedypaper says:

with TCE it is exclusively savage axe playstyle, you probably would not SAED at all unless your shield is about to run out.
      it’s not known yet if TCE is better or worse than namielle or master’s touch in general or otherwise

4. Anonymous says:

Hello any know what materials needed for Luna Eostre Health Regen Augmentation, i got the 3rd item want to know what is 1, 2 & 4 and which monsters so i can try to carve..
    I tried combination of several other but not getting, i already augmented defense & affinity.

5. Anonymous says:

Any news on whether TCE has a niche that makes it better than namielle or master’s touch? And, hey, is there any value in the Stygian Zinogre weapons? I haven’t max upgraded it yet…

• Anonymous says:

I’ve set up a build that utilizes health boost and health recovery and so far it’s been working for me. I may not kill a monster in record time but I managed to stay alive a lot longer than I used to and use potions a lot less as well.

• stripedypaper says:

TCE is viable on monsters that have high elemental hitzone and when savage axe is viable (i.e savage deviljho). Stygian CB seems strong but just short of gold rathian. It might be slightly better on dragon weak monsters when you wouldn’t use SAED much (since gold rathian deals more phial damage).

6. Anonymous says:

I rather liked the cbs worth crafting page – also, having got the “final max upgrade” on the Luna, it seems like defense is about all there is to do?

7. Anonymous says:

I just came here for the CBs worth crafting section so I could prep for Iceborne PC =/. Maybe put it back but keep it really tiny without any pictures?

8. Riccardo says:

Here’s a raw build for PC/ base game that I think surpasses all diablos ones.

Defender cb (augmented with health/affinity)
    Nergigante helm a (guard)
    Damascus mail b (3x artillery)
    Drachen arms (focus, mighty)
    Kulve waist y (critical)
    Drachen legs (magazine)
    Exploiter charm

It gets
    Attack boost 4
    Critical boost 3
    Weakness exploit 3
    Maximum might 3
    Artillery 3
    Focus 3
    Critical eye 2
    Capacity boost
    Guard 1

Almost 900 raw, white sharpness and 101% affinity on weak zones. It works amazing!

9. Kornflake says:

I just ran the Guard 1 set through Honey’s with Rajangs CB as compensation level 12 with a 4 slot…
    Isn’t it better to remove the Attack+ from the Helmet and put in the Expert+ we all have and then simply augment the weapon for Health and Attack?

Other than that, I’m pretty much running this same set with minor tweaks (namely putting in Blast+ for Challenger+ to fill up the skill and I like using the Blast Safi CB. And also adding one Sharpness V awakening to the weapon instead of an Attack V for comfiness. Otherwise white is dropping a tad too fast for me)

• Kornflake says:

Edit: saw my own mistake.
      1Attack augment is only 5 tRaw whereas 2 level of Attack decorations give you 6 tRaw and the possibility of having one Status augment on the weapon.
      You’ll need the Agitator though then to achieve 100% Affinity

10. orestes says:

For the new builds, why still use Teostra belt if not getting “Master’s Touch” thru armor but safi? You can use Damascus, has a 4, 3, 1 slot and has 1 focus skill to it, especially considering don’t need “blast”. You get a free 2 gem slot to use because not using a charger gem, and upgrade the 2 slot to a 3 (not that there are any good 3 unless using handicraft gem). Is it just for the defense?